Before the spread of wireless technology and optic fibre cables, internet service providers used dial-up connections. AOL dial-up connection uses the public telephone network to establish a connection and deliver internet access to its users. Although a dial-up internet connection is cheap it can be slow and not very stable and the connection is often poor. Because these connections are slower than broadband connections and they fluctuate more frequently users occasionally feel the need to contact AOL customer support number to resolve errors in their connections.
It does not matter whether you are using the computer at home for personal use or in the office for business, if the internet connection does not work it can be very frustrating. But if you are an AOL customer using a dial-up connection then you are in the right place. This article includes tips to identify where the problem is and also has some simple troubleshooting steps you can try to get your system back online as soon as possible.
Steps to troubleshoot AOL dial-up connection
- Dial tone: A dial tone indicates that the connection is active and working. Check to see if you can hear the dial tone on your connection. If there is a dial tone then it means that most likely there is an issue with your browser settings or your computer. But if you are not getting a dial tone then the issues is with the service connection.
- Phone services: The AOL dial-up connection works through public phone networks. If there is any change in your phone services then it will affect your dial-up connection as well. Remember that dial-connections do not work through phone services provided by cable companies.
- Cable connection: Unlike a wireless connection, dial-up connections need to be securely connected with the necessary cables for the internet to function smoothly. It there is a loose cable somewhere or if the cord is broken then that will disrupt the internet connection. Make sure all the cables are secure in their respective inputs.
- Unplug phone devices: Sometimes a problem with just one device can disrupt the entire network. To check this you can start by unplugging all the phone devices leaving just the modem connected. Now slowly reconnect the devices one by one so that you will be able to identify which device is causing the error.
- Restart your computer: This may seem deceptively simple but it can be very effective. Just switch off your computer and restart it after a while. Regularly restarting your computer flushes the RAM and speeds up performance.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to troubleshooting your AOL dial-up connection. Once you have tried the steps give in this article but you see that your connection is still not working you should contact AOL tech support for help with more advanced troubleshooting steps. AOL experts are available 24 hours a day to help you get your internet connection back on track as soon as possible.
Emails have become an integrated subject in the web of life. Humans rely a lot on emails to get their job done. Through this people exchange ideas, communicate with each other, share pictures etc. Without emails, the task of relaying messages and important files and document will be very challenging and life as we know it will become more hectic. There are a lot of emails service providers in the world and among these, AOL is one of the top service providers in the world. And through this, they also offer email services to their customers. Is not complicated to handle and comes with a lot of amazing features and benefits. For more information on AOL email, you can contact AOL customer care number which is available to customers throughout the day.
Setting up of AOL email account is not a hard task to do. But when it comes to setting up an existing account on a new computer, there has been some request for help. So if you want to know how to set up an existing account on a new computer, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the new computer, log in as administrator and insert the CD which contains the AOL software.
- If the set up does not start automatically, click ‘start’ and go to ‘my computer’. Click on the CD drive and open the file containing the software.
- Click on ‘current member click here’.
- Select the option ‘adding your existing account to this computer’ and to proceed click on ‘next click here’.
- If you would like to install the software in a folder other than ‘program files’ then click on the ‘browse button’ under ‘select destination directory’.
- Wait for the software to get installed and the setup process to complete. When prompted, enter your existing AOL username and password.
- Remove your CD after the setup is complete and restart your computer.
These are the steps which are essential for setting up your existing AOL account in a new computer. If you want any additional help you can call AOL customer support number which is open 24 hours a day and it is toll-free.
AOL is a web-based email service offered by AOL as a part of Verizon Communications. It offers a wide variety of exciting features that include email storage capacity, email attachments with limit up to 25 GB, virus protection, spam protection, spell checker and many more. Moreover, you don’t need to be an AOL user for accessing the AOL email features. But at certain times, there might occur a problem of a blank screen while signing into your account.
The black screen can be really irritating and you might feel like frustrated while confronting such an issue. And the problems seem to be worse when you actually don’t know what to do in such scenario. But you can fix the problem yourself or simply reach out to AOL customer support number which is available online 24×7.
Fixing the blank screen issue while signing into AOL email
Step 1: Clear cookies, cache, history, and footprints of any of the websites you have visited in your browser.
Step 2: Reset web settings by making them change into default settings option.
Step 3: Temporarily disable a firewall or configure McAfee or allow all the friendly URLs from the AOL. Also, disable your pop blocking software and try accessing your account.
Step 4: Enable only essential startup programs
Step 5: Disable the proxy server in Internet options
Step 6: Enable the cookies on your browser as disabling the cookies may sometimes cause the blank page problem.
Step 7: Repair the network stack list using NetShell
Step 8: Run a quick restore that will allow resetting the AOL Desktop software to its default state by deleting all updates downloaded in past.
Step 9: Uninstall and reinstall the AOL Desktop Software
Step 10: Run the windows update utility
With the help of the above-mentioned points, you can fix the problem of a blank screen while signing into your AOL email. In case you encounter any issues or need help regarding the troubleshooting, then you can get in touch with AOL technical support number at any time of the day.